The selflessness of character to place the security and interests of our nation and its people ahead of my own.
The strength of character to say and do the right thing, always, especially in the face of adversity.
The humanity of character to value others and treat them with dignity.
The consistency of character to align my thoughts, words and actions to do what is right.
The willingness of character to strive each day to be the best I can be, both professionally and personally.
To live Our Values I will:
- Act with purpose for Defence and the nation.
- Be adaptable, innovative and agile.
- Collaborate and be team-focused.
- Be accountable and trustworthy.
- Reflect, learn and improve.
- Be inclusive and value others.
Building on the initial five year implementation period Pathway to Change: Evolving Defence Culture 2017 – 22 was launched on 20 November 2017 by Secretary of Defence and the Chief of the Defence Force.
Pathway to Change: Evolving Defence Culture 2017 – 22 is underpinned by a refreshed cultural intent statement and key cultural reform priorities. The cultural reform priorities for 2017 -22 are
- Leadership accountability
- Capability through inclusion
- Ethics and workplace behaviours
- Health, wellness and safety
- Workplace agility and flexibility
- Leading and developing integrated teams
On 11 April 2011 the Minister for Defence announced a series of reviews into aspects of Defence and ADF culture. The Minister also announced the DLA Piper Review of Allegations of Sexual and Other Forms of Abuse in Defence.
The reviews full reports are available below.
On 7 March 2012, the Minister for Defence, Secretary of Defence and the Chief of the Defence Force jointly announced a strategy for cultural change and reinforcement in Defence and the Australian Defence Force. This implementation strategy, Pathway to Change - Evolving Defence Culture, incorporated the recommendations made in the series of reviews into Defence and ADF culture.
- DLA Piper Report of the Review of Allegations of Sexual and Other Forms of Abuse in Defence
- Review of Personal Conduct of ADF Personnel
- Review of Use of Alcohol in the ADF
- Review of Social Media and Defence
- Review of Management of Incidents and Complaints
- Review of Employment Pathways for APS Women in the ADF
- Review of the Treatment of Women in the ADF
- Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade References Committee Report for the DLA Piper Review and the Government's Response