CASG has implemented a revised model for the delivery of above the line support services. This includes the establishment of the Defence Support Services (DSS) Panel for the procurement of services in skill sets across the six CASG Centres of Expertise (CoEs). The DSS panel is an evolution of the current CAS-SS Panel.
Through the approach to market to establish the DSS panel, CASG took the opportunity to adopt a more strategic and integrated approach to its support services requirements through the appointment of a small number of Major Service Providers (MSPs) who are capable of delivering larger, longer-term and more integrated work packages across the CASG domains and CoE functions. MSP services are limited to CASG only.
Unlike the current CAS-SS Panel and separate Integrated Support Contractor (ISC) arrangements, the MSP model will provide a more strategically managed approach to the engagement and management of above the line services to CASG which will provide greater visibility and control over market engagement and service delivery.
The delivery of MSP services requires a far more proactive, relationship driven interaction, with much higher levels of collaboration between CASG and industry than has been the case in the past.
A key feature of the model is that it actively encourages healthy competition in the market, including fostering a viable and vibrant small to medium enterprise (SME) sector (for SMEs with relevant subject matter expertise).
The MSP element of the procurement process, including development of the MSP model, was undertaken through an ongoing and interactive competitive dialogue with seven shortlisted participants, to ensure that the model considered both CASG and industry perspectives, and can deliver on the aims of both groups. Four MSPs were selected.
MSPs will deliver the following kinds of services (MSP Services):
- Strategic Partner services including assisting the Commonwealth with workforce planning and management, industry and supply chain development and management, workforce development, and work package planning and development.
- Capability Partner services, primarily to CASG CoEs, by providing an agreed annual level of effort, and primarily in relation to pre- and immediately post-Gate Zero tasks.
- Integrated Work Partner services, through undertaking larger and more complex Integrated Work Packages (IWPs) for CASG Domains and CoEs.
The four successful MSPs are:
- Jacobs Beca Team (Jacobs Australia and Beca Consultants) (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Team Nova (Nova systems Australia, QinetiQ and PricewaterhouseCoopers Consulting) (Email: email@example.com)
- KEY Team (Kellog Brown & Root and EY) (Email: KEY_MSP@KBR.COM)
- Team Downer (Downer EDI Engineering Power, AGIS Group, DXC Technology Australia, Systra Scott Lister Australia, Envista, and Providence Consulting Group) (Email: TeamDownerMSP@downergroup.com)
Characteristics of the successful MSP tenders include:
- All selected MSPs are Australian companies,
- Each provided a competitive price for delivery of services,
- Each committed to use SMEs within their workshare, including using small businesses on the DSS Panel,
- Each committed to mentor and work with the Defence SME community to grow capability and capacity, supporting the continued growth and capability of Defence industry, and
- Each committed to mentor and work with CASG to grow APS and military staff capability and capacity.
Companies interested in working with the MSPs should contact the lead company (underlined) above.
Communications and contact
MSPs and the CASG MSP representative will be conducting RoadShows in the major cities and some regional areas. This site will be updated with further information.
For any questions relating to Major Service Provider Services, including establishing MSP services, please send enquiries to:
Group Mailbox: MSP.Administration@defence.gov.au