© Commonwealth of Australia 2020
This work is copyright. You may download, display, print and reproduce this material in unaltered form (retaining this notice and imagery metadata) only for your personal, non-commercial use or use within your family or organisation.
This material can not be used to imply an endorsement from or an association with the Department of Defence without the written permission of the Department of Defence (obtained through the Defence Web Manager).
This material can not be used for political purposes or in a way contrary to Defence’s apolitical standing.
Apart from any use as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (for example, "fair dealing" for the purposes of reporting news under section 103B of the Copyright Act), all other rights are reserved.
Bona fide news media organisations only may republish and archive photographs and other material from the Defence web site for reporting news free of charge and without seeking further authorisation from the Commonwealth, subject to the following conditions:
- Commonwealth copyright and Department of Defence origin must be appropriately acknowledged with status at least equal to other credits;
- Users may not purport to license or assign copyright to other parties; and may not charge customers for intellectual rights; although they may charge for their production, research and retrieval, and distribution components of republishing;
- Material from this web site must not be used in advertising, displays, other web sites, or in any public or mass media context other than reporting news, without specific written authorisation from the Department of Defence; and
- The Commonwealth reserves all other rights.
To obtain a Commercial, Reproduce and Share video and imagery licence, please contact Imagery Copyright. Please provide:
- links to the specific video and imagery
- detailed explanation of the intended use of the product
- screengrabs or mock ups on how the imagery will be used
Please note that applications may take up to 4 weeks to process.